Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old movies are good, sometimes.


Recently, I've been watching lotsa old movies. That's not a symptom showing you are getting older. Well, what you expect when the tv programmes are like that?  When I see the names in black and white and some scratches here and there; OhhhMyyy Godddd, they screwed my Saturday morning!! But after 15mins, I will be enjoying the movie (let us skip the funny dances and weird fights chapter). 

But, here is one of the movies which I've watched few times, yet not getting tired. Listen to these devotional song. Btw, It's a mantra. Same mantra that Kamal Hassan chanted in the new Dasavathaaram.( I bet you'll listen to it now!)


At times, I wonder from where they get such a handsome man to play Vishnu role. or is it the make up?


`Sonnalum kaeddalum, Suvai ootum Naamam'


The divinity of these songs,one can definitely find peace and solitude..
A 1960/70s movie, potrays the ten avatars of Vishnu, Dasavatharam. Color movie A must watch!!  I wouldn't say it's the best movie, but it's the easiest way for you to understanding on Perumal's ten avatharams. But then again, Its just a movie, you can't rely on it. As starting from Parasurama's avatar , the lack of adequate info makes you don't really understand why did He become that, why He become this. Lengthy story, more time, I guess.


By the way, I do adore 'Aval Oru Thodarkathai' a black and white  movie :P




No comments: