Thursday, June 20, 2013

10 Benefits of being short?

This has been circulating in the net for quite a while, I find it amusing, and disturbing at the same time (for tall girls). Well, it do not condemn tall girls, but anyhow it affects us when we read it.


Short girls, I know it's annoying when people always give remarks like,' oh, is she 22? I thought she's a high school kid'; 'she's short like her grandma', and also callings like 'Hei Shorty' and so.

But coming up with all these weird benefits makes others laugh even more, I daresay. I wondered how can people actually think so hard to come up with this. If you read properly, you find that num 2,3,4, and 10 are somewhat criticizing the opposite height.

Tall girls have their benefits, too, AND tall girls also do get remarks, like' Whoa, you're so tall'- and this is worse if it comes from a guy.

Slowly, you get tired with all this height thingy, and you woke up one day, totally not caring about height issues anymore. Be you. and love yourself.

I used to hunch myself to make me look shorter, and then I get too tired walking so. Now, with 5 feet 9 inches, I do not bother remarks I get when I wear 2 inch heels for some functions. Just 2 inches.

Some say model, some suggest becoming air stewardess, the rest: 'you're tall enuf, and why are you wearing heels?'. There is Yin and Yang, everywhere.

Be happy if you're short. It doesn't matter; for me :)






3 comments:

Anto said...

If this is the point of view of a tall woman it's not so fair, that you have been so rude about short people trying to feel better about themselves.
Seems like you are taking them down even more.

renuka. rada said...

Hi Anto,

I highly appreciate your comment. Well, that post was right after I saw the pic being widely shared with caption (yeay, that's me; boys need short girls; and so and so). When I re-read my post today, I realised the strong negative vibration or the anger which I vent out through the post. I will make some amendments. Thank you, Anto.

Anto said...

Oh, you're welcome, rather I felt like I have been too hard right after and was almost sorry. Thanks.
I agree boys needing short girls is, can I say it, bullshit. And I am a boy.
Same for girls only wanting boys necessarily taller than them, old prejudice and fear of what other think it's normal.
I like shorter as well as taller girls, it's about the personality anyone caters along with the style and look, and not necessarily about the first impression, though it counts, but one needs to get over it and be curious.
I happened to read many "tall girl proud" as well as "short girl proud", both protesting for how society perceive them, and I understand that you sometime could have felt the society pressure as a tall one.
bYe. I think I'll step often here ;)