Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tea time!


Life is so hectic as a student, doing assignments and projects. I would wish for the semester break to come fast and now I'm on my semester break, life is so boring. But thanks to my mother who 'borrowed' me her kitchen, I'm off to show her my cooking skills. My mother has to prepare some snack in the evening for my brother who will come back home hungrily after playing football. The moment he enter the house, the only question that will pop out from his mouth is 'do you have any food other than rice to eat?'. And, today was my turn to make him some snacks. I found a simple recipe from a blog.
MILO PURI.
2 cups Plain flour
3 tablespoon Milo
2 tablespoon Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Coffee (dilute in 1/4 cup milk)

1. Mix flour, Milo, sugar and salt.
2. Add diluted coffee. Mix everything and make dough, add water slowly as per need... (less than 3/4 cup usually)
4. Fold well and leave dough for at least 30min
5. Make it into desired sized balls to ease you...
6. Roll it with rolling pin and deep fry. Voila!

It's simple! Now sit with your family and enjoy your tea time. Oh, don't forget your BRU coffee!!

No comments: